Find below detailed information about the Community Engagement and Benefit Sharing Plan associated with the project during the Construction and Operation phases.
Community engagement and benefit sharing plan (CEBSP)
As part of the commitments associated with the Hawkesdale Wind Farm project, a Community Engagement and Benefit Sharing Plan is being implemented.
This plan is designed based on reference guides such as the ones published by DELWP and the Clean Energy Council. Best practice community engagement is a core part of our corporate philosophy and approach to business. For more information, please find our Corporate Responsibility Policy and Corporate Social Commitment:
We are continuously working to translate these principles into real, tangible action in the Hawkesdale region through a clear plan for ongoing effective engagement as the wind farm is built and operated. Our approach is motivated by a strong commitment to engage with the Hawkesdale community during all phases of the project, generate positive impacts, and maintain our social license to operate.
A Community Engagement Committee has been established by the Moyne Shire Council comprised to fulfill that goal. The Committee is comprised of representatives from the local community, the Council and GPG and will facilitate a direct, two-way channel of communication. The community will also be provided with continuous updates about the project and related community initiatives through monthly newsletters, media releases, local print media ads, information sessions, open days, participation in stalls at community events, etc.
Community benefits and commitments
We are committed to building strong, trusting relationships with the community that surround the wind farm as well as with all the relevant stakeholders through the implementation of our Community Engagement and Benefit Sharing Plan. This is essential to establishing a social license to operate. Our company is financially supporting the delivery of this plan by investing into the community over the life of the wind farm as well as providing other non-financial benefits that will be achieved through key initiatives described below:
- Neighbourhood Benefit Program – to assist neighbours closest to the wind farm to mitigate the potential impacts during the Construction and Operation phases.
- Community Benefit Fund – to be implemented during the Operation phase of the wind farm to develop priority local community projects.
- Local School Program – including educational sessions on renewables, visits to operating wind farms, etc.
- Sponsorships – supporting local businesses campaign, local organisations, etc.
Community engagement committee minutes
The minutes of all the meetings held by the Community Engagement Committee are also available at the Moyne Shire Council website.
Information sessions & presentations
Upcoming sessions & presentations
• No upcoming information sessions or presentations are scheduled for the moment
Previous sessions & presentations
- Community Open Day (organized by GPG Australia at the Hawkesdale Community Hall) 8th April 2021
- Community Open Day for Commencment of Construction (organized by GPG Australia at the Hawkesdale Community Hall) 8th March 2023
• No upcoming community events are scheduled for the moment
Previous community events
Call for applications
Hawkesdale Township Grant Program
Applications open August 31, 2023
The announcement of successful applicants will be in November 2023.
You might also be interested in
Find out about the latest progress on the project through a gallery of videos, photos and weekly construction reports.
Get access to endorsements and permitting documentation for all key aspects of the project from compliance, modifications and all plans for key assessments.